Having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card.
– Marc Brown
My children were some of the lucky ones still able to savor this President’s Day as a holiday. I’ve heard of so many schools (my nieces’ and nephew’s, included) who had to trade their holiday for a make-up day due to an abundance of weather-related school closings. Blessed, we were able to sleep in and savor the morning together, then spend our afternoon at the local library and pick up our latest stack of borrowed reads.
Here’s a peek at our latest public library lot:
Book Babe’s Lot:
- Bond/Alley, Paddington at St. Paul’s
- Coyle/Gray, Wild Zoo Train
- Curtis/Cornell, Where Do Balloons Go?
- Dahl/Beavers, Bedtime for Batman
- de Beer, Little Polar Bear Finds a Friend
- Milgrim, My Friend Lucky
- Rylant, Mr. Putter and Tabby Row the Boat
Book Girl’s Lot:
- Yep, Designs by Isabelle
- Casanova, Grace Stirs it Up
- Tharp/Rose, Peachy and Keen: Spirit Week Showdown
- Elliott, Eva’s Big Sleepover (Owl Diaries #9)
- Streatfeild, Dancing Shoes
- Henkes, Junonia
Book Boy’s Lot:
- Konigsburg, The View from Saturday
- Patterson/Grabenstein, Word of Mouse
- Green, The Big Time (Football Genius, #4)
- Green, Deep Zone (Football Genius, #5)
We would love to know (Please, add your comments!):
- Have you made a trip to your local public library this month?
- What books are you reading, and enjoying, now?
- What books are in your reading pile?
- What books or genre of books do you most recommend to your family and friends?
I have found the most valuable thing in my wallet is my library card.
– Laura Bush